Card Games: Partition Games
In this type of showdown game, the players divide the cards in their hands into two or more smaller hands. These smaller hands are then compared with the corresponding hands of the other players, and the player with the better combination of cards in each case wins.
- Pai Gow is a game played with Chinese dominoes, where the four-card hand is divided into two pairs.
- Chinese Poker is played with a 52 card pack; players divide their 13 cards into 5, 5 and 3.
- In Open Face Chinese Poker, cards are drawn one at a time and assigned to hands face up in turn
- Crash or 13-card Brag is a British game played with a 52 card pack. The players make four 3-card Brag hands from their 13 cards, discarding one card.
- Chor Voli is an Afghan game, somewhat similar to 13-card Brag.
- 6-card, 7-card and 9-card Brag are similar to Crash, except that only two or three Brag hands are constructed.
- Pai Gow Poker is an American casino game, very loosely based on Pai Gow but using the standard 52 card pack. The players divide their seven card hands into five and two.
Tabletop games: Rules and Strategy